The Ann Arbor Figure Skating Club Officials have been closely following CDC, MI Department of Health and Human Services, Washtenaw County Health Department, as well as US Figure Skating and their recommendations regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19). At this time we are cancelling our Melody on Ice Production for this coming weekend (Friday, March 13th and Saturday, March 14th) and all related rehearsals.
For those who have purchased and are holding tickets in hand, please bring them to the AAFSC Office in the next 7 days and we will refund your money. If you have purchased tickets online and have not picked them up, please come to the AAFSC Office in the next 7 days and we will refund your money. If you have paid to attend the Melody on Ice Party and Awards Ceremony, we will apply club credit to your skater's online account.
As this is a rapidly evolving situation, development from the CDC, MDHHS, and Washtenaw County Health Department, will be closely monitored on a daily basis by club officials and you will be informed if there are any other changes to our normal daily activities, club programming, and events.
We encourage you to follow the CDC suggestions we encourage you to follow the CDC's suggestions:
(1) Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
(2) Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
(3) Stay home when you are sick.
(4) Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
(5) Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
(6) Follow CDC's recommendations for using a facemask.
a. CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a facemask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including COVID-19.
b. Facemasks should be used by people who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of the disease to others. The use of facemasks is also crucial for health workers and people who are taking care of someone in close settings (at home or in a health care facility).
(7) Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
a. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.